With the resignation of Director Dan Gerken of Castle Pines, the Board is looking forward to filling his position in accordance with Colorado state statute, which states that the Board must fill his seat within 60 days of his resignation. The last time a board member resigned was in 2010 with the resignation of Director Ryan Stuart, in district A. He was replaced with Director Craig Richardson, who continues to hold this seat today. The replacement process will be virtually the same for Director Gerken’s former seat.
The maps for the director districts can be found here. Click on any district to be taken to a detailed map. This feature has been improved since the redrawing of the Director districts in December!
Applicants who have been county residents for a year, live in District D, and are registered to vote were encouraged to apply.
At the closing of the application period last Friday, we had received 15 names. We are now in the process of narrowing the list to determine how many will be interviewed. Board President John Carson has asked all of us board members to give feedback as to whom we’d like to interview. I’m hoping to see 5 or 6 interviewees. Interviews are scheduled to be held during the regular board meeting date and time, March 5, with a vote taken to fill the seat by March 14. At that time, a vote will also be taken to fill the currently vacant board Vice President position.
Here is the list of applicants:
- Christine Strang
- Joan Brown (former education administrator)
- George Teal
- Michael Glowacki (former education administrator and teacher)
- Aaron Johnson
- Dan Coombe
- Kevin Leung (ran against Dan Gerken in 2009)
- Barb Wendell (worked as a paraprofessional in DCSD and the Colorado League of Charter Schools)
- Herbert Rose
- Dr. Carrie Mendoza (physician at Parker and Castle Rock hospitals)
- Brant Phillips
- Judi Reynolds (DAC recording secretary)
- Steve Dovey
- Randy Reed (former mayor of Castle Rock)
- Charcie Russell (board member of Great Choice Douglas County)